About The Book Depository (TBD)
As one of the world’s fastest growing booksellers, The Book Depository (BookDepository.com) is - working to offer the largest range of titles in the world, available for dispatch within 48 hours. Founded in 2004 to make ‘All Books To All’ we focus on selling ‘less of more’ rather than ‘more of less’, differentiating ourselves from other retailers who increasingly focus on bestsellers. Having forged unique publisher and supplier relationships, we have the ability to dispatch over nine million titles within 48 hours, with free worldwide delivery, enabling customers to find the books they want. In November 2011 The Book Depository was acquired by Amazon.
Reporting to the Category Lead, in this role you will be responsible for driving growth and profitability, optimisation of products and pricing, through development of new opportunities and leading major change initiatives, driving customer improvements in our merchandising and onsite experience. In particular you will have full ownership over optimizing pricing for a company that operates in over 100 countries in multiple currencies.
You will support these initiatives with excellent analysis, influencing skills, retail experience, communication and decision making. Your ability to create imaginative solutions in order to develop meaningful relationships between the businesses we run and customers will be crucial in this role. You will have a keen eye for global ecommerce and customer experience, have a direct impact on revenue and profitability, and a proven track record of delivering high-quality e-commerce products from concept to execution. You will have worked in the e-commerce industry, and any experience with membership/loyalty programs will be beneficial. You will be able to work across multiple teams and use your outstanding verbal and written skills to communicate on all levels of the organization. You will have a strong affinity to technology and software and you won't be afraid of complex analysis. Key Responsibilities
Working with respective teams and senior management to initiate a comprehensive business development strategy and to deliver this with exceptional results. More specifically you will be in charge of:
- Researching and analysing customer needs, competitive information, and market/technology trends to determine business and product opportunities
- Defining and developing the market vision and long-term growth and profitability strategy in our annual planning process
- Defining worldwide pricing, product and territory optimisation
- Developing and implementing product plans and roadmaps that define product objectives, delivery strategies and development process for assigned products
- Working with parent company and other subsidiaries to gain detailed understanding of applied experience and features that we could bring over to our customers
- Creating detailed business requirements and scope documents.
- Driving major product change initiatives necessary to complete development of new products or features in close collaboration with marketing, merchandising, technology and customer support
This is a role where you can make a real difference to a small team and fast moving business. Key performance indicators:
- Achievement of revenue and profitability goals
- Project delivery success
- Getting things done