Since 1994, Amazon has continuously expanded its product selection and innovated on behalf of customers in an on-going effort to fulfil its stated ambition of being earth’s most customer-centric company. Its massive worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres delights customers around the world, both directly through Amazon and on behalf of merchants on the Amazon platform. Today, Amazon’s rapidly expanding consumer product range offers books, video games, consumer electronics, apparel, jewellery, grocery and Amazon Kindle among many others. Revenues in 2011 stood at more than $48 billion worldwide, nearly half of which was generated outside of the US. Amazon’s presence in Europe is growing fast and now includes the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain, with customers across all 27 European states, offering millions of products and a long term vision to allow every consumer to find anything they want to buy online. The success of Amazon depends on its providing high-quality customer service and operations are at the heart of the Amazon customer experience, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world.
For lively yet informative information on Amazon operations in Europe, our locations and to even take a tour of an FC, please see our operations careers web site at http://www.amazon-operations.co.uk/
(Also available in French, German and Italian)
Amazon is continuing to build-out its successful Executive Recruitment function in the EU. The role of Senior Associate, Executive Recruitment EU – Operations requires an individual with strong research and assessment skills, judgment and tenacity who enjoys the challenge of working, internally, in a global, fast-moving, demanding environment and, externally, with senior-level candidates around the world. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Executive Recruitment EU will work on searches for Amazon EU (Director and above) taking ownership of the end-to-end search process.
This role plays a critical role in building Amazon’s senior leadership team in EU and requires a robust, hands-on, customer-obsessed Senior Associate. The role is based in Luxembourg and it will support a fast growing region in the EU and beyond. Responsibilities:
· Contribute actively to kick-off meetings with the hiring manager and Principal, including but not limited to developing the search strategy and target list of companies
· Ownership of the research process or associated projects such as identifying and approaching suitable candidates to ascertain suitability and interest
· Experience of interviewing candidates over the phone and in person, making accurate assessment of a candidate’s fit to a role’s requirements
· Represent Amazon well in the marketplace, remembering that candidates are customers
· Demonstrating analysis and judgment in written documents such as progress reports, role specifications and references
· Communicating with Senior Manager / Principals and candidates in a pro-active, professional manner; able to push back with supporting data and pro-actively suggest solutions where necessary
· Ensure up to date assignment and candidate information is available for colleagues by using the Executive Recruitment database
· With the guidance of the Principle, take detailed and thorough references in accordance with Amazon Executive Recruitment standards Deliverables:
· Deliver consistently outstanding candidate and industry research as measured by a track record of strong performance reviews and successful assignment outcomes
· He/she will routinely be sought out by hiring managers for his/her expertise and advice on research related topics or candidate pool knowledge
· Volunteer to participate in local office or Europe-wide initiatives to disseminate knowledge and training