Amazon Web Services is searching for industry-leading Senior Network Engineers and Architects to join our network team. We own the design, scalability, and availability of the global networks that power Amazon Web Services. We push our networks to their limit; traditional network vendors simply cannot deliver cost effective solutions capable of meeting our requirements for capacity, availability, or performance. In AWS Networking, we invent, design, refine and then we invent again.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing and delivering simple, scalable solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help shape the direction of one of the largest and fastest growing cloud networks in the world.
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Provide critical on-shift network operations support to Amazon.com customers to diagnose of large-scale networking events
- Support and maintain our next generation data-center networks.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Drive and support innovation from the NIC to the core.
- Reduce the end-to-end cost of delivering packets.
- Partner with our broader Technical Operations organization to reduce operational burden.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Monitor and manage communications during large-scale events utilizing an established Event Management process
- Collaborate with level two and level-three resolvers
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
- Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
- Mentor more junior staff in basic network administration, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participation in entry level interviewing