Interested in Amazon Echo? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
As a Research Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of scientists in the invention, design, development, testing, and deployment of speech and language technology components, supporting a range of products. This involves:
- Conducting and coordinating research leading to improved accuracy of automatic speech recognition (ASR) and/or natural language understanding (NLU) systems.
- Owning the strategic planning and project management for technical initiatives.
- Providing technical and scientific guidance to your team members.
- Conducting experiments and analyzing field data utilizing programming skills in C/C++ and Python.
- Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Supporting the career development of your team members.
The successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.