Amazon Web Services is searching for industry-leading Senior Network Engineers and Architects to join our network team. We own the design, scalability, and availability of the global networks that power Amazon Web Services. We push our networks to their limit; traditional network vendors simply cannot deliver cost effective solutions capable of meeting our requirements for capacity, availability, or performance. In AWS Networking, we invent, design, refine and then we invent again.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing and delivering simple, scalable solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help shape the direction of one of the largest and fastest growing cloud networks in the world. Responsibilities
- As a Senior Network Engineer working in AWS Networking you will have end to end ownership (architecture/design/scale) of our current and newly developing networks
- Lead the design of highly available ultra-scale networks, driving them from concept to launch
- Define and influence strategy within and outside the team
- Lead project teams to deliver impactful benefits to our customers
- Work closely with our software developers to full automate network deployment and operations
- Drive operational excellence projects to improve network performance and reliability
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Review and implement changes on the network