The AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) is one of the fastest-growing AWS businesses, providing super-simple provisioning and management for databases in the cloud. Customers can set up a new database with just a few clicks, and complex administrative tasks like scaling, fail-over, and monitoring are all handled in an automated fashion by our control systems. Operating such a large-scale system comes with the challenge of building sophisticated and reliable control systems automations and management tools that allow provide improved control, visibility and predictability.
The RDS Operations team are looking for talented, passionate and inquisitive Systems Development Engineers with experience managing highly distributed systems at scale.
As a Systems Development Engineer working in the RDS team you will:
- Provide critical operations support and incident response for the service, while taking part in a “Follow the sun” rotation.
- Collaborate with the development teams in different locations to assist with the long term improvement of the service.
- Participate in original creation and implementation of new functionality that helps us operate the service.
- Ensure that all systems are designed to be robust, scalable, maintainable and adaptable as the service scales and evolves over time.
- Continuously strive for operational excellence by seeking to automate away manual processes.