A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory. In addition candidates should
- Have 5+ years industry experience in a similar environment.
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP and OSPF.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major router platforms; specifically with Cisco 37xx, 49xx, 65xx, 73xx, 76xx, Nexus 7K and Juniper MX/EX platforms including all compatible supervisory and line cards for these platforms.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
Candidates should also have had significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: DWDM, T1/DS1, DS3, SONET (OC3, OC48), 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, netflow, DNS, HTTP.
Experience with mission critical multicast systems is highly desired as is experience designing and maintaining network and datacenter installations utilizing L2 and L3 protocols.