Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon is currently looking for a highly analytical, creative and forward-thinking finance leader to join its ever-growing Retail Finance team at our European headquarters in the vibrant city of Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living. http://www.promoteluxembourg.com Position Description
The Director of Finance will lead and own all controllership functions including financial reporting, planning, forecasting, controls and analysis for Pan EU Processes comprised of European Fulfilment Network (EFN), Pan EU Inventory Planning and Optimization, After Market Services (AMS), Insurance Products, Catalogue Services, Vendor Compliance, and EU Pricing. In this role you will lead your team to partner with the commercial teams and cross-functional teams to deliver financial, operational and growth commitments. Through insightful and data-driven analysis you will lead growth and profitability improvement initiatives and work with various stakeholders to understand and boost the key drivers of the business. You will coach and retain key talents and build future finance leaders for the organization. The role is very broad based and will require a leader of others who is motivated to make a big impact. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, matrix, dynamic and multicultural environment; will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfil the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
” Role Responsibilities
Financial lead for the businesses including:
- Lead controllership functions effectively in a highly matrix environment emphasis on high quality communication skills
- Manage and lead others to develop exceptional talent through consistent high quality coaching and development efforts
- Lead finance functions in all new business implementations or business development opportunities by effectively working across all key stakeholders (International and Seattle)
- Lead business improvement and cost reductions by providing expertise in collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports
- Lead root cause analysis to uncover core issues using data, then co-lead with commercial partners to develop the improvement plans and create new measures
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
- Lead all financial review processes including WBR/MBR/QBR, planning, forecasting, and adhoc analytical and reporting models to support data-driven decisions.
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
- Manage a team with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
- Direct management of operating expenses and headcount for all cost centers
- Own and manage high quality execution of reports for weekly, monthly, quarterly review processes.