Job ID: 426235
Posting Date: 23 August 2017
Closing Date: 22 September 2017
Location, London, UK
Are you an experienced business and technical leader of IT security teams? Do you have broad and deep knowledge of cloud computing and related IT technologies, especially as it relates to security and compliance? Do you have solid experience understanding and influencing security-related technology decisions made by public sector customers (governments, educational institutions, non-profit entities, and non-governmental organizations)? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve greater successes and enhanced security by using cloud technology as part of a broader IT modernization effort?
Amazon Web Services, the world’s leading provider of cloud computing services, seeks an experience IT security leader (ideally, an ex-Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in public sector or a regulated industry) to help build and run a new global Security and Compliance Business Acceleration Team (SECBAT) within the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) business. Working side by side with WWPS sales leaders, solutions architect managers, and professional services practice managers, you will be responsible for developing and delivering on a strategy to help educate public sector market segments, customers, and regulators about how the AWS cloud can improve their security posture from their current on-premises implementation. As part of that effort, you will bring data and persuasive abilities to bear to help lay to rest any remaining concerns about cloud security.
Working closely with AWS security marketing to develop and deliver higher level messages, as well as account-level sales to work specific customer engagements, you will function primarily at the crucial middle level between marketing and sales to influence public sector markets broadly across the globe. You will have a special emphasis on public sector customers in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), but you will also work closely with colleagues with the same role stationed in the Americas and APAC. Together with those colleagues, and supported by your own set of technologically deep, security-focused Solutions Architects within the SECBAT team, as well as Program Managers helping to create and track goals, metrics, and reporting, you will develop and deliver a global strategy, with local customization as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess a diverse background in information security management, business, sales and/or business development, IT management, infrastructure, and/or engineering background, as well as knowledge of cloud computing, industry trends, product development, business and organizational skills, and strong technical know-how. All of this will come be brought together and focused within your experience as a CISO (or equivalent role), with your top-notch understanding of IT security, and the impact of the cloud on security and compliance. This role requires a passion for public sector customers and their missions, a talent for innovation, a desire to learn and be curious, and a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity while creating clarity as you move forward. You must be able to scale and influence key decision-makers both externally and internally, while also being able to dive deep, paying attention to details.
- Working with WWPS leaders, develop a strategy to influence and measurably impact public sector customers’ perception and experience around AWS’s world-class cloud security and compliance capabilities; and then deliver on that strategy.
- The strategy will include, but not be limited to, improved security marketing and messaging (working closely with the AWS Security and AWS Marketing teams); evangelism and content development and delivery via press, analyst, and major industry events; specific security-related strategic customer engagements in a sales overlay model; and efforts to improve security and compliance models and regimes in different countries and public sector submarkets (working closely with the AWS Compliance team).
- Develop and build consensus around approaches for measuring and reporting on the impact of the SECBAT team on AWS successes, whether directly or indirectly.
- Help hire and manage a global team of security and compliance experts, some with a more business-oriented background and focus, others with a more deeply technical background and focus.
- Develop, elucidate, and bring back to the AWS engineering and security teams customer feedback and requirements to help AWS continually improve its capabilities, features, and delivery models.
- In sum, work closely with global WWPS account teams and sales and technical leadership to drive adoption of AWS cloud and service solutions into top public sector accounts by focusing on security and compliance, educating, influencing, knocking down barriers, and changing market perceptions to a significant degree.