Business today operates at the pinnacle of the information age where data is king and informs all aspects of business. Engineers with a deep appreciation for how data rules the modern business ecosystem form the vanguard of successful teams. Data drives the development of new process; helps tune existing process and steers teams toward goals. The ability to isolate, analyze, visualize and speak to complex sets of data is invaluable.
Network Reliability Engineering is seeking a talented Business Intelligence Engineer who is passionate about using data to drive business decisions, inform SLA and improve our processes. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Developing and managing the Network Reliability and Scaling Team's metrics & reporting mechanisms with an emphasis on improving customer facing SLAs.
· Collect, analyze, and present actionable data to drive team and customer experience decisions at a senior level.
· Understand high-level business objectives and continually align work with those objectives to meet needs of business.
· Identify, analyze and solve problems at their root while maintaining focus on the bigger picture.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data.
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon¹s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
The successful candidate is an engineer with a passion for data analysis that sets a high bar for producing accurate, easy to read reports and dashboards. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working with their customers and peers, and help plan and deliver results that matter to the business. They are not afraid of discussion and can utilize their analytical skills to isolate valuable data, noting trends and patterns in order to inform decisions. They know how to use data to make the case for business decisions.