We are looking for a passionate, results-orientated, Transportation Managers willing and able to drive business change in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and business partners. You have the willing to embrace change at speed with hard work, and you have a technology-embracing, data-driven approach to driving business change, we invite you to join the Transportation team at Amazon’s UK Headquarters in London.
Within the Transportation team, you will be responsible for driving improvements to complex logistics problems, pursuing strategic initiatives and managing innovation projects across our constantly expanding European Fulfillment Network (and dealing with the inevitable challenges that come with continuous, rapid growth).
This is a highly visible role that requires partnering with numerous business -- Retail & FBA, warehouse operations, sort center operations, Amazon Logistics, R&D scientists, and software engineers. The ideal candidate will have the tenacity and organized thinking of a prize-winning project manager, the insight of a penetrating data detective, with strong business analysis skills, mathematical modelling, great communication (written and verbal), prioritize well, work well under pressure and against deadlines, and have a consistent track record of success. You will be responsible for creating plans and presenting your ideas in written form for reviews with senior leadership. You should be experienced in working with large data sets to analyze root causes, implementing long term solutions, and solve complicated multi-stage problems using advanced analytical capabilities.
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online, and where we can constantly improve our promise to customers and do so efficiently, leveraging our scale and our highly optimized software & analytics systems. Our motto: have fun, work hard, make history. This is your chance to do all three.
Your responsibilities will include :
- Writing and reviewing business cases and specifications, while performing supporting research and analysis to this end,
- Lead complex analysis, develop models and reports to drive key strategic decisions
- Using your project manager skills to drive the end-to-end product schedule, from design all the way through to release,
- Communicating clearly, precisely and regularly with all stakeholders: this will include ongoing project/program status
- Identify opportunities to optimize customer shipments
- Reports, and the capture of stakeholder requirements,
- Monitoring project management and ensuring that overall project delivery meets appropriate levels of quality and deadlines,
- Ensuring the overall project management integrity of all programs, while liaising and collaborating with external partners.
- Identify the biggest opportunities to optimize delivery experience strategies across UK and Europe.
- Develop and improve approaches to audit transportation performance (cost, speed, quality)
- Partner with operations, retail and software teams to implement key strategic initiatives
- Analyze financial impacts and prioritize new features based on their relevance