Position Title: Data Centre Operations Engineering manager Job Description: The Data Centre DCEO Facility Manager, with be responsible for data center engineering operations within an Amazon Data Center including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
Responsibilities: · Responsible for the on-site management of shift technicians, senior shift technicians, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices and procedures.
· Has primary responsibility for availability zone of Data Centers (2-4 locations)
· Participates in strategic planning projects.
· Conducts financial analysis and contributes to financial decisions.
· Negotiates and rolls out contracts and space.
· May oversee the build out of Facility-specific infrastructure in existing locations.
· Participates in recruiting efforts. Continually raises the bar.
· Is active in the training and/or development of others.
· Executes vision and goals for the team or department.
· Will conduct Project Management for multiple sites
· Draws from a deep group or department level understanding to make business decisions.
· Uses business knowledge to set priorities and develop project plans.
· Has a deep understanding of best practices in their area of expertise and ensures their application.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
· Creates work plans and monitors accomplishments.
· Will contribute to the development of the project plan for the business group.
· Effectively sets priorities to meet goals on budget and on time.
· Demonstrates strong people/program management skills.
· Is resourceful, maintains effective pace and gets things done.
· May manage individuals and/or other managers in remote locations.
· Insists on the highest standards from self and others. Drives accountability for results.
· Keeps others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company.
· Engenders trust and respect in all working relationships.
· Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
· Work with IT managers and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.
· Operate and manage both routine and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
· May assist in the design and build out of new facilities.
· May assist in projects to increase current facilitiy efficientcy.
· Responsible for asset and inventory management.
· Assist in recruiting efforts
· Deliver quality service and ensure all customer demands are met