Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
This role is all about making Amazon Logistics the best it can be. So analyzing and reporting on our daily, weekly and monthly metrics, it’ll be down to you to spot trends and opportunities to reduce costs while boosting performance. To that end, you’ll work with our Business Partners to set quarterly cost targets and get involved in our strategic financial planning. It means mining complex data warehouses and making sure all of your analyses are accurate and complete. But you won’t stop there. Casting a critical eye over your own work, you’ll streamline our processes, increase forecast accuracy and put an effective variance analysis process in place. And as well as influencing UK-wide financial planning and analysis projects, you’ll work with senior-level staff closer to home. So you’ll have every chance to make a name for yourself on an international scale.
As a Data Analyst, your key responsibilities will include:
· Generating/extracting data from our BI databases to support dive deep activities of our operations
· Checking and analyzing customer experience driven data
· Prioritizing, optimizing and delivering timely updates for metrics
· Automating reports and tools
· Graphically expressing data to allow easy access and understanding for a broad range of people
· Generate buy in from all parties to ensure all data is collated in a timely manner
· Produce regular reports and analysis, write systems queries to gather performance data, and perform data-mining and analysis using reporting tools identify trends and develop forecasts, as well as identify opportunities for cost savings
· You are an integral part of the Amazon Operations team to deliver measurable impact
· Escalate and articulate where the obstacles are in achieving objectives