Over the past 19 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of the consumer and has become one of the largest internet retailers and marketplaces in the world with more than 152 million active customer accounts, more than 2 million active seller accounts, and over $88 billion in revenue globally. Amazon Business is dedicated to serving the needs of business customers and we are focused on building the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world. We are recruiting a handful of the best and brightest to make this vision a reality.
B2B represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base and is an area of high investment for Amazon. We are focused on building solutions to enable B2B customers to discover, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. In North America our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between) that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our B2B customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer and thus we have to reinvent everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience. Position Summary
We are looking for a Sr. Manager Amazon Business Europe, with proven experience in thought leadership, detailed execution, and people development to lead, expand, and grow Amazon’s B2B core services product management, business analytics, and professional services/technical sales evangelists based in Luxembourg. As the person responsible for Amazon’s pan-EU B2B core services product management strategy and roadmap, you will support setting the direction, and leading the team to redefine how business customers acquire the products they need in all countries throughout Europe. This is your opportunity to redefine B2B ecommerce and to lead an industry transformation for a significant market segment.
This leader will have overall Pan-EU responsibility of the core services product management, business analytics and professional services functions for Amazon Business.
As a senior leader of the Europe B2B team you will be responsible for guiding the company’s efforts to develop, launch and scale our emerging Amazon Business feature set and functionality, with a sharp focus on addressing the unique needs of business customers in Europe. You will build and lead a world class team of product managers, business analysts, and technical sales evangelists to define and develop a differentiated business customer experience in Europe.
The experienced Sr. Manager will work closely with the US-based product management and engineering team along with other Amazon teams to implement a strategy that is coordinated across all B2B initiatives at Amazon. In addition, the leader will develop and implement operating practices, process, and metrics that will enable our in-country teams to manage effectively. As a senior leader on the European B2B team, this individual will also be expected to play a key role in influencing and defining the overall long-term strategy for the Amazon B2B efforts. It is a highly visible role within the EU Amazon community and will work particularly closely with the Retail and 3P businesses.
This role will be based in our Luxembourg offices. Come join our Amazon Europe B2B team and help build the next big business at Amazon. Key Responsibilities
- Hire, coach and develop customer-centric Pan-EU B2B Product Managers, Business Analysts, and Procurement Integration Specialists
- Start with the customer and work backwards to define the set of features to address business customer needs in Europe
- Define the overall core services product management, business analytics, and professional services strategy for Amazon’s EU B2B initiative
- Work closely with the global B2B product management team to establish and develop the long-term roadmap to grow Amazon B2B
- Work cross-functionality with a diverse set of Amazon teams including Technology, Operations, Retail, Merchant Services, Tax, Finance and Customer Service to deliver on shared goals
- Identify blockers and solve through creative problem solving, effectively escalating across all levels in the company when required
- Design customer engagement processes that address the various customer segments including small businesses, large enterprises, end-user and senior procurement executives
- Establish and deploy pan-EU B2B business analytics processes and metrics
- Establish operational metrics and reporting to manage product delivery, ongoing KPIs, and Pan-EU core services effectiveness
- Build effective mechanisms for providing internal feedback and external, voice of customer feedback to Seattle-based development teams
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to objectively track progress to goals and to provide customer insights
- Help evangelize the Amazon Business initiative within Amazon to other business units
- Grow Amazon’s localized knowledge of the B2B market segment to identify new opportunities and understand the unique needs of business customers