Amazon's IT Support Services group is looking for best-in-class client-side support personnel. You will provide quality technical support to internal customers through all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity.
The successful IT Support Technician will be customer focused and motivated by team success. They will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests and ambiguity. They will be committed, flexible, willing to travel, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision. They will demonstrate strong initiative and have the ability to learn quickly. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This is a technical position in so much as the successful individual will be required to find solutions to complex problems, implement new and challenging standards whilst holding to the highest bar with regards quality and technical expertise. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humour.
This position requires hands-on experience across a wide IT scope. From PC hardware, IT infrastructure (hardware and software), software application and development and O/S support experience (including installation, configuration and troubleshooting). In short have hands-on experience supporting all levels of IT infrastructure whether on Windows, Linux/Unix and Macintosh platforms and including wired and wireless networking. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide a 2nd line support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental KPIs and SLAs are met.
- Providing onsite support to a number of offices in close proximity, own transport advantageous but not essential.
- To review, write and execute change management requests as required (which may include out of hours work).
- To provide an out of hours on call support service on a Rota basis, to provide 24/7 support to the site if required.
- To act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
- To escalate system and network issues to dedicated support teams and work towards resolution.
- Project Management including acting as a single point of contact for projects, to provide technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
- To carry out ad-Hoc requests as and when required.
- Procurement, inventory and asset management of IT equipment as well as IT lifecycle.
- Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand.
- Superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and experience and the ability to deal effectively with people at different levels and in different situations.
- To assist other members of the EU wide Client Support Services Team.