The Amazon EU Inventory placement team is looking for an enthusiastic, driven, data-oriented, and technology-minded leader who will develop the next generation of business intelligence for our operations. This position will focus on using business analytics to identify and analyze opportunities that improve business processes and create inventory strategies that maximize long term cash flow.
The position, which sits in the Amazon Luxembourg office, is a highly visible role that requires interaction and critical partnership with senior leaders of Amazon Retail, Supply Chain Technology Optimization and Operations teams.
A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into data analysis, discovering root causes, and implementing long-term solutions. You will help customize business policies and processes while developing new metrics and functionality. The goal is to improve the Amazon customer experience through larger selection, product availability, and fulfillment reliability, while enhancing profitability.
- Define strategy and roadmap for the BI and Data Science activities that support our EU inventory planning and placement vision
- Create innovative inventory strategies to reduce the lead time from product idea generation to its rollout across multiple countries
- Document and present new inventory strategies
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate overall financial performance
- Participate in internal business performance reviews and EU business reviews to understand trends, develop action plans, and share business plans and performance