Europe Core Technology team owns the platform services used to give Amazon customers access to a world-wide selection of products, in their language of choice, on their preferred Amazon website. The software we work on includes fun stuff like machine translation, human-in-the-loop machine learning, crowdsourcing, and global-scale e-commerce, and is key to powering Amazon's international expansion. Our services interact with many of Amazon’s core e-commerce technologies, including catalog, pricing, and fulfillment, and we utilize state-of-the-art technologies and processes such as AWS, Continuous Deployment and Infrastructure-as-Code.
We're looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager to help us grow our services to the next order of magnitude. In this position, you will:
- Work closely with business and operations leadership, to define features and provide project updates.
- Work closely with the development teams to influence product architecture and design
- Be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation plan.
- Be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- Be responsible for making project decisions, and achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus
Ideal candidates have extensive experience with defining project goals, writing detailed functional specifications, and driving the building and delivery of software. They should be equally comfortable digging into business requirements, product planning and technical architecture and design. A successful candidate will need to be able to effectively work in a rapidly-changing, delivery-focused environment. This position involves regular communication and coordination with multiple stakeholders, so excellent project management and communication skills are also essential. The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living. http://www.promoteluxembourg.com