Here at Amazon we are looking to hire an experienced Controls System Specialist to join the team in one of our highly automated and fast paced Fulfilment Centers (FC). PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The focus of the Controls System Specialist (CSS) role is to fault find, troubleshoot and improve controls solutions for automated material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets. The CSS will also provide training to the Engineering Technicians on device troubleshooting and preventive maintenance. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the site level Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all controls systems and sensors within the building. Work in a hands on manner to actively monitor, fault find and repair systems in order to provide a high level of equipment availability to internal customers.
- Train technicians in the basics of control systems fault finding in order to raise the level of knowledge within the site.
- Work within the EU Controls network to enhance the capability to monitor MHE metrics and provide visualization and data to internal customers.
- Actively participate in or own continuous improvement projects driven by the EU Controls network.
- Work with IT, EU Controls Engineering and Operations Engineering to ensure all systems are correctly documented and that accurate backup libraries are maintained.
- Work alongside global teams to support the installation and commission of new equipment.
- Support other sites in the EU network as required.