Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Systems Automation Engineer for the Network Automation Operation team in Dublin, Ireland. This team is working in the heart of AWS global network. We are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class System Engineers for our Dublin engineering centre. The engineers within our team are instrumental in allowing us drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand globally.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Systems Automation Engineers work hand-in-hand with Software Development teams and Network Operations to automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required, as well as experience initiating, driving and managing in-event conference calls. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, Systems Automation Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- Automate select network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of tools.
- Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in Network Operations
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Reduce the end-to-end cost of delivering packets.
- Mentor more junior staff in network automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participation in entry level interviewing