Required qualifications and skills: The successful candidate will have:
• PLC programming and implementation experience with one of the following: Siemens S7, Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Momentum, AutomationDirect, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat, Toshiba, etc.
• Experience with SQL using MySQL, Oracle, Windows SLQ or similar.
• Ability to rapidly develop and/or modify scripts in Perl, Python or similar languages.
• Project management, organization and problem solving skills with a drive for results and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to be able to operate with minimal supervision.
• Willingness to work in a fast paced and growing European and global environment where travel is required. Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Understanding of Unix/Linux/Cygwin/Window.
• Understanding of TCP Networking.
• M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or other related engineering degree.
• Knowledge of at least one other EU language would be an asset. About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career. Make History
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 50 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.