Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technologist who possess a good balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills, to join the AWS Marketplace and Service Catalog team as a Solution Architect. AWS Marketplace is an online store where customers can easily discover, procure and deploy, 3rd party IT software products and services, as part of their AWS solutions. AWS Service Catalog allows organisations to create and manage catalogs of IT services that are approved for use on AWS.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organisations understand best practices around advanced Cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the Cloud. You will work with some of the world’s leading companies to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient Cloud architectures that address real business problems. You will assist customers with their migration to - and adoption of - AWS Partner ISV software and services, running alongside AWS services and infrastructure. In collaboration with account managers, you will assist in driving growth across a range of customers, from startups to large enterprise customers.
In your role, you will partner closely with customers, leading ISVs, AWS Account Teams, AWS Marketplace Field Engagement, and AWS Business Development teams to drive the adoption of AWS Marketplace solutions across a diverse set of customer use cases. You will focus on the consumption of Cloud solutions, powered by enterprise service catalogs and how this integrates with cloud-native and existing IT Service Management Solutions.
The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a Solutions Architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, operating models, service management and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- You will have a passion for working with a diverse set of customers, from startups to large enterprises; educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions.
- Have a strong understanding of Infrastructure and IT Service Management solutions and IT Operations Management.
- The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a lead infrastructure architect and experience with operating infrastructure at scale.
- You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
- You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- In partnership with the account team, guide the customer in exposing Cloud solutions to their internal and external user base, powered by AWS Services, integrated into the customer technology landscape, tools and processes.
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the community of AWS Solution Architects
- Author or otherwise contribute to technical field enablement materials, including white papers, blog posts, boot camps and technical battle cards.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- Build technical education programs to enable the broader SA population to identify and execute AWS Marketplace friendly opportunities for their customers.
- Some travel required