Are you an experienced Principal Technical Specialist that can transform how an Enterprise companies uses the public Cloud as part of a Hybrid IT model to transform costs and business agility? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the strengths and weaknesses of IT process standards? Do you have experience leading diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Principal Consultants to work with our top-tier global 1,000 customers and their partners in transforming their enterprise IT landscapes. Our Principal Consultants engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, design reliable and cost-effective hybrid cloud infrastructures, create transition plans and develop business cases to justify the programs. Our engagements include projects covering thousands of applications across tens of thousands of servers and involve developing a shared vision, leading the customer through the challenges of cloud adoption, demonstrating the reality of the vision and then enabling them to achieve full operational integration.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
· Engaging with C-level executives to define Enterprise cloud strategies.
· Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking Enterprise challenges.
· Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
· Architecting hybrid AWS and on-premise solutions for technology clusters and patterns.
· Establishing shared IT service centers for Cloud operations.
· Cost/Benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases for migration.
· Generating AWS migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
· Collaborating with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute migration plans.
· Getting feedback from common Enterprise requirements into AWS service development teams.