Are you obsessed with solving challenging problems? Do you have exceptional software engineering skills? Do you think outside of the box and challenge the status quo? Are you constantly looking for ways to improve your skills, your software, and your organization?
The Amazon Consumer Localization team is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDE’s) to work on the platform services used to give Amazon customers access to a world-wide selection of products, in their language of choice, on their preferred Amazon website. The software we work on is used to localize millions of products from one Amazon marketplace to another and is key to powering Amazon's international expansion. Our services interact with many of Amazon’s core e-commerce technologies, including catalog, pricing, and fulfillment, we build high-scale systems on top of AWS, and we utilize the latest development methodologies like Continuous Deployment, Infrastructure-As-Code etc.
We are always looking for ways to improve the platform for our customers. As a senior SDE working in our Luxembourg office, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of new software initiatives, built from the ground up, but with a wealth of Amazon infrastructure, services, & knowledge at your disposal. Key Responsibilities
Successful candidates will
- Build and improve software and tools by translating functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including design, development, and implementation
- Actively troubleshoot and support applications in production critical environments
- Have a demonstrated ability to roll up his/her sleeves to develop and implement new features and functionality
- Be passionate about writing reliable, efficient, and maintainable code
- Possess an excellent understanding of development tools in order to develop software productively
- Be obsessed with identifying and removing obstacles that keep developers from performing at their best
- Be independently driven, being resourceful to deliver results with minimal direction
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit with a drive to contribute new ideas for future development
- Have the ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
- Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to function in a team environment
- Have the ability to mentor and develop junior team members