Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Support team is seeking an experienced Workflow Analyst to provide world class support to the operations team in our AWS support sites. Specifically this role will be responsible for building relationships with a site’s leadership teams and helping them execute on a staffing plan for the highly complex teams that supports 70+ services 24/7 within either the Premium Support or Customer Service fields within AWS.
Key Expectations of the AWS Workflow Analyst include:
- Supports the site management team by optimizing the staffing requirements that fit site’s needs
- Be actively engaged with our queue and routing mechanisms to make proactive changes for long term trends, as well as real time adjustments for events that occur
- Creates daily level capacity plan for a site and resolves the differences of this plan to the monthly plan provided by the global capacity planning team
- Mitigates capacity risks of that site by managing dependencies across multiple operating units. Clearly communicate dependencies to the site lead and manage/track exceptions
- Coordinates with local site operations and the global capacity planning team to analyze historical data and forecast demand for that site
- Manages the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of site performance via Key Performance Indicators (e.g., service level)
- Builds a strong relationship with the site operations team to ensure proper execution of the capacity plan as well as provides general education regarding to the best workflow management practices
- Provides the optimal workflow and capacity planning solutions for the upcoming initiatives and new service launches at that site