The Amazon EU Supply Chain Automation team is looking for an enthusiastic, driven, data-oriented, and technology-minded leader who will develop the next generation of business intelligence for our operations. This position will focus on using business analytics to identify and analyze opportunities that improve business processes and create sales and operations forecasting methods that help Amazon plan its growing operations in Europe.
The position, which sits in the Amazon Luxembourg office, is a highly visible role that requires interaction and critical partnership with senior leaders of Amazon Retail, Supply Chain Technology Optimization and Operations teams.
A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into data analysis, discovering root causes, and implementing long-term solutions. You will help customize business policies and processes while developing new metrics and functionality. A successful candidate will have strong experience in building data pipelines, will possess data mining and analysis skills as well as extensive experience at ML / OR models building. The ideal candidate will have the complete set of data science skills: from database engineering to statistical modeling and data visualization.
A qualified candidate has the ability to manage medium to large-scale data projects from concept through to execution, ensure data quality, identify requirements and work with the software product development team to drive those improvements.
The goal is to improve Amazon capabilities to forecast future flows within its European supply chain and plan its operations accordingly. Responsibilities will include:
· Define strategy and roadmap for the BI and Data Science activities that support our EU Supply Chain Automation vision
· Create forecast automation strategies to reduce the lead time from product idea generation to its rollout across multiple countries
· Develop key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate overall financial performance
· Participate in internal business performance reviews and EU business reviews to understand trends, develop action plans, and share business plans and performance
· Design and implement data pipelines and workflows (e.g. Amazon Redshift, Oracle Data Warehouse)
· Identify data process flows, data corruption; propose and implement solutions
· Mine databases and perform statistical analysis of historical and forecasted time series
· Design and operate an anomaly detection model
· Design calculation automated processes
· Create automated metrics and alarm systems using complex and design innovative data visualization in the context of high dimensionality
· Iterate with our global software product development team to improve data workflows and foster innovation