Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Amazon Video designs and builds user interfaces using the latest web technologies, to enable viewers to watch content across a wide range of TVs, connected devices and games consoles. The company passionately believes in combining the two key new media disciplines, design and development, to produce user interfaces of extraordinary elegance and power. We are looking for talented software developers to join our creative and supportive team based in London. This is a new team working on building a new service for Amazon customers.
You’ll be working with some of the biggest international studios and brands, as well as our own IP. You will be working with a team of driven, forward thinking individuals, so be prepared to bring unique and creative ideas to every discussion. Using our in-house framework you will develop scalable and maintainable applications for TVs and consoles, as well as working with designers to rapidly prototype ideas and concept UIs. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about technology and application development, people who keep up with the latest advances.
- Capable coders with the ability to talk through projects delivered by teams they’ve worked in from different angles in both positive and negative terms
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Experience with MVC/MVVM architectures
- Unit testing best practices
- Git version control
- Good foundation in general application architecture
- An eye for clean, maintainable code
- Experience in the delivery of key services, features and websites involving multiple stakeholders and dependencies
- Involved in areas outside of immediate role
We are looking for software development engineers with experience building large scale software and application architecture, therefore knowledge of multiple languages is expected.
- Experience working on devices
- Experience with video technology delivery
- Lua and C++ experience a plus
- Design/layout/UI skills a plus
- Other languages (PHP, Java, Ruby, Python)
- Experience with functional testing
As a lot of the technologies we use are new. We really look for an active interest in greenfield software development and having a Github repo, contributing to developer forums etc is always a plus.