Amazon is seeking a skilled and motivated Senior Manager to assist in the tactical management, procurement, and execution of Amazon’s Linehaul movements flowing into and out of its European Fulfillment Centers, Sort Centers and Amazon associated fulfillment network. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a high growth area within Amazon.
An ideal candidate has a background in leading a successful Transportation / Line-haul operations team and/or Freight Brokerage and Freight Forwarding, and have the ability to lead a team, evaluate and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize our processes and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills while having the ability to work independently in a stress environment and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex logistics problems, possess a bias to get things done, and deliver results.
Responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
· Building a high performance linehaul execution team comprising Brokerage leaders and program managers, and mentoring them to achieve uplift in overall performance
· Onboarding strategic carrier partners and potential customers for the backhaul opportunities and conducting quarterly reviews with strategic partners
· Proactively monitoring Linehaul activity to identify, address, and prevent potential issues and opportunity areas
· Continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Sort Centers, Fulfillment Centers)
· Establish financial goals, define and develop performance metrics and manage P&L, including gross revenue growth, contribution margin and net profit, and assist in driving the desired business results
· Developing roadmap for translating customer service requirements into logistics requirements
· Leading initiatives to optimize transportation lead times, costs and service levels
· Systematically escalating problems or variance in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams and following through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
· Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met
Additionally, as a Senior Manager you will be an excellent communicator (both verbal and written), as you will be required to convey updates on issues, operational status and business drivers during shift changes as needed throughout the activity cycle and during daily / weekly reviews.Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.