Amazon.co.uk opened its virtual doors in October 1998 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything that they might want to buy online. Originally known as a bookseller, Amazon.co.uk has dramatically expanded its range over the years to offer everything from DVD’s to MP3’s, Toys to Tools, Clothing to Computers and so much more.
Amazon seeks a Tax Manager to be a key member of our Global Tax Calculation Services Program. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes) to Amazon and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other e-commerce platforms.
This position is focused primarily on VAT in the EMEA region but there may be opportunities for broader exposure to transaction taxes in other regions, e.g. Asia-Pacific, North America and Latin America. Primary job duties include:
- Reviewing new business initiatives and scoping any effect on existing transaction tax calculation processes and systems;
- Providing subject matter expertise to various business and IT organizations to include Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, and various product groups;
- Providing end-to-end VAT calculation requirements for projects and business initiatives;
- Actively participating in projects throughout their lifecycle – from design through delivery;
- Developing, supporting and providing ongoing maintenance and enhancements to tax calculation software;
- Product taxability research across a wide range of categories;
- Involvement in general VAT issues such as research related to tax calculation and compliance, tax collection responsibilities, and other advanced e-commerce topics.