Site Leader – Seller Support Centre – Barcelona
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. Our Seller Support Team, which acts as the primary interface between Amazon Services and Merchants selling on the Amazon.com platforms, is focused on building the world’s most Seller-focused company, allowing for increased product selection on the Amazon Marketplace and creating a wealth of opportunities for sellers to have a successful business.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to be responsible for the planning, organization, and oversight of the operations of our Barcelona, Spain support centre. Today, the team in Barcelona handles email and phone contacts in four languages and supports a number of collaborative efforts with other Amazon teams. The Site Leader is responsible for building a Seller-obsessed culture and will own all long-range and strategic planning; design, development, and implementation of quality improvement initiatives targeted at service improvement; staff productivity; and staff and Seller satisfaction. The Site Leader must manage the Seller Experience through strategic leadership and vision, daily operational management and continuous process improvements. He or she will have left strong successors behind them in their former companies and be focused on building a strong, sustainable organization at Amazon.com. In addition, the right individual will have solid business judgment, ability to effectively communicate site goals, and drive a fast paced organization to deliver results with a focused and pragmatic approach to the business. Primary Responsibilities:
Focus and deliverables in first 12 months:
- Develop and drive the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Seller Support activity within the EU Network and our Barcelona site.
- Collaborate with internal partners to build input-focused operating plans for achievement of key measures
- Build working culture where accountability, transparency, and collaboration are the norm and where rapid deep dives into root causes of defects causing Seller paid is a standard operating practice
- Tirelessly advocate for improvements to systems and processes that will benefit Associates and/or Sellers
- Implement bar-raising programs aimed at hiring and developing top talent and build career development roadmap for site leadership
- Inspire front line teams to go beyond the standard “call of duty” to find creative solutions for our Sellers issues; encourage risk-taking and advocacy on behalf of Sellers
- Create closed-loop feedback processes where Associates are encouraged to be active participants in identifying opportunities for improvements to Seller Experience, workplace conditions, and internal tools.
- Work with finance team to develop and manage to annual expense budget
- Build collaborative relationships with leaders in other departments
- Foster a work environment that respects and is responsive to the needs of a diverse staff
- Achieve site-wide improvements in quality metrics including first-contact resolution, re-open rates, total time to resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Improve the efficiency of the Barcelona operations to enable achievement of our cost objectives.
- Implement development programs for the Barcelona leadership and improve the rate of internal advancement within the centre.
- Build partnerships with internal and external teams to collaborate and drive measurable improvements in areas that cause Seller pain and associate frustration.
- Improve the experience of the Barcelona associates as measured by improvements in attrition and associate engagement surveys.