Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Amazon Video designs and builds user interfaces using the latest web technologies, to enable viewers to watch content across a wide range of TVs, connected devices and games consoles. The company passionately believes in combining the two key new media disciplines, design and development, to produce user interfaces of extraordinary elegance and power. We are looking for talented software developers to join our creative and supportive team based in London. This is a new team working on building a new service for Amazon customers.
You’ll be working with some of the biggest international studios and brands, as well as our own IP. You will be working with a team of driven, forward thinking individuals, so be prepared to bring unique and creative ideas to every discussion. Using our in-house framework you will develop scalable and maintainable applications for TVs and consoles, as well as working with designers to rapidly prototype ideas and concept UIs. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about technology and application development, people who keep up with the latest advances.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience developing in at least one of Java, C, or C++
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Experience with MVC/MVVM architectures
- Unit testing best practices
- Git version control
- Good foundation in general application architecture
- An eye for clean, maintainable code
- Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems, that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience influencing and leading software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between