Amazon is currently looking for a highly motivated, forward-thinking Transportation Carrier Manager to join the Transportation team at our European headquarters in the vibrant city of Luxembourg.
This role requires an ambitious individual. You will represent a critical function within our wider EU Operations, as we work to continuously improve service levels, capacities and costs of the EU Transportation Line Haul. This will help us ensure promises to our valued customers are fulfilled every time. Your responsibilities:
As well as managing our carrier’s, you will drive cross-functional programs that span across multiple Amazon teams. You will need a passion for making data-driven decisions – the kind that will have direct impact upon customer experience. This is your chance to make history with us. Your duties will include:
- Tracking existing metrics to detect & remove any defects,
- Transportation carrier performance management, such as on-time truck performance,
- Continuous Improvement Management with carriers, as well as development of SOPs,
- Analysing existing trucking capacity versus forecasted capacity requirements, particularly with the view of supporting seasonal peak times of year,
- Supporting market research, including the Requests for Information and Requests for Quotation processes, while sourcing new carriers and expanding capacity where possible,
- Assisting with project support, ensuring Amazon’s requirements, guidelines and policies are communicated and executed by Transportation carriers,
- Supporting truck forecast improvement initiatives, while ensuring all relevant information is shared with carriers and Fulfilment Centres on a regular basis,
- Preparing for and participating in regular Operations calls, business reviews, QBRs, Customer Service workshops, as you strive to support process and workflow improvement plans,
- Maintain and improve communication between warehouse personnel and external carrier, stepping in to mediate wherever necessary.