Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Amazon Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Amazon Video team delivers high-quality instant video to Amazon customers through our Prime subscription as well as purchases, rentals and channels. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Amazon Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content, such as The Grand Tour, The Man in the High Castle and Transparent. Every day we face the challenges of a fast paced market, expanding technology set, and ever increasing scale. Amazon Video’s Financial Systems team builds world-class financial software from the ground up to support our expanding global video business. Our software is used to support revenue and cost in the billions that need to be accurately managed to a single penny.
We are seeking talented software development engineers with an interest in full-stack software engineering to build new financial software for our expanding business. As an Amazon software engineer in this team you will design, develop, test and deploy new features to automate financial and related business processes. A successful candidate will have strong technical ability, great communication skills and an established background in developing full-stack n-tier systems. An interest in how we account for and manage the financials for a multi-billion dollar business would also be beneficial.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Highly proficient in at least one of Java, C++, C#, Objective-C.
- Algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization.
- Object-oriented development and design patterns.
- OS fundamentals and systems architecture.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Highly pragmatic; we use technology to solve real-world problems expediently.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing financial or accounting software
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience communicating with users and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team