Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers look for ways to improve their deployment of AWS via excellent customer experience, and often times want to augment their cloud deployments with sophisticated new capabilities. While doing so they also want to reduce complexities and costs, and this is done by transforming their operational and financial business models.
Therefore, AWS is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) for newly launched AWS Managed Service that will provide Enterprise customers with a suite of capabilities needed to transition existing IT workloads to AWS. The BDM will be responsible for identifying appropriate solutions for AWS customers, by providing in-depth business and technology expertise. The BDM will be responsible for managing the pipeline for the new service, helping more customers to leverage these services, which thereby will enable AWS customers to transform their deployment of AWS. The BDM will work closely with AWS field and partner teams to position the service for customers, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers can achieve.
In addition, you will define a process that the organization will follow to manage customer/partner engagements that require the new service. You will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and support teams, including senior management. You will track and prioritize customer engagements that would benefit from the service, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate. And you will work closely with Business Practices and Cloud Economics team to establish programmatic ways to drive more scale of adoption via constructs and a nomenclature (e.g. ITIL) that make sense for Enterprise customers and the business.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, ITSM and Enterprise applications, ITIL, and has done market analysis, deal construction, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prospects new opportunities within AWS’s existing customer base or net-new accounts.
- Engages with enterprise customers
- Exhibits proactive ability and is very astute in setting customer discussions via AWS field and partner teams
- Comfortable managing the adoption cycle of an opportunity and will partner with various teams to help develop and propose new business.
- Drives field and partner readiness
- Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the new Enterprise service can help address and resolve these issues.
- Serves as an evangelist for the new service within AWS, and externally
- Develops a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Field, BD and marketing teams
- Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in augmenting the service.
- Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the service, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.