Amazon EU is looking for a leader who is passionate about the Customer fulfilment, who thinks/acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major new innovations in the industry. The Production Planning Team is aggressively innovating in a number of areas aimed at propelling our customers’ experience by ensuring we have robust and optimal labor plans in our Fulfillment Centers. We are looking for a passionate, energetic, and technical Manager who loves to get their hands dirty and will relentlessly drive quality, accuracy and efficiency in the planning process. This Manager will be a member of the Production Planning Team, which will recommend on-going hourly staffing plans and shift structures in all of our European Fulfillment Centers. As our Sr. Manager, Production Planning, you will create/deliver a cost effective and comprehensive Production planning solution for EU Customer Fulfilment Network. The ideal candidate will possess both an optimization background that enables him/her to manage quantitative planning analysts and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about Fulfilment network initiatives such as new strategic roadmap roll-outs on a pan EU basis. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
This person would be responsible for managing the team that develops & implements strategic and tactical labor planning, staffing and optimization models for headcount planning. Strong initiative, team leadership, project management and quantitative skills are imperative, as well as the ability to lead and grow top-notch people. Recognized by both customers & other businesses for our fulfilment service excellence, we're looking for someone with a unique blend of skills who wants to make an impact at the world's biggest ecommerce company.
The successful candidate will work in lock-step with FC Operations, Supply chain, Finance and Tech leadership. He/She will:
• Drive the strategic direction of Amazon’s EU fuilfilment network strategy. (eg. Optimal fulfilment, Hiring strategy, peak risk mitigation etc).
• Create best production plan for business by managing trade-offs between Customer Experience, Employee Experience, and Cost Effectiveness.
• Mitigate capacity risks by managing dependencies across multiple operating units and FCs. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track expectations.
• Manage the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of FC performance via Key Performance Indicators.
• Lead new FC launches from PPT perspective.
• Analyze drivers of significant forecast misses to continuously improve forecasting.
• Participate in wider EU Fulfilment projects and initiatives such as pan EU fulfilment, Supply chain automation, 3wk-out forecasting etc .
• Manage a team of Team leaders, planners and Analysts spread over EU.