Do you have a passion for customer experience and a mindset for data-driven problem solving? Do you enjoy using cutting edge BI technology to solve business problem? Do you want to be part of a team forging new ways to experience Amazon deliveries? We turned the transportation industry on its head by offering 363 day-a-year delivery, what will we do next?
Amazon's Sort Center team is looking for an experienced and motivated Business Analyst with outstanding leadership skills, proven ability to manage large sets of data, and the ability to influence leadership teams using solid analysis.
The position will partner with Engineering, Launch, Finance and technology teams to design and develop the data flow for the Sort Center network. This role will build support structures needed to analyze data, dive deep into data to determine root cause of defects, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements.
A qualified candidate must have demonstrated ability to manage medium to large-scale projects with regional or global impact, where partnerships must be developed with multiple teams to access and understand data. In addition to demonstration of technical skills, the position may be responsible for mentoring and leading a small team of programmers to deliver results and develop new skills as the business develops and the team grows. Additional leadership responsibilities will include leading discussions and advising operational teams and engineering teams on key improvement projects.
Technical Skills Required
The complexity of research and skills for this position is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics, building and maintaining multiple databases, extensive knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages. Data management and storage are critical skills required to build robust, scalable solutions across the global Sort Center operations.
Additional responsibilities may include:
· Manipulating/mining data from database tables (Redshift, Oracle, Data Warehouse)
· Ability to identify gaps in our processes and give the team the ability to solve these issues with root cause analysis
· Developing visualizations using Tableau, script or other tools which allows users throughout the network the ability to graphically understand issues the team is seeing as well as action items to solve these issues
· Providing analytical network support to improve quality and standard work results
· Root cause research to identify process breakdowns within departments and providing data through use of various skill sets to find solutions to breakdowns
· Analyzing and reporting data findings and complete reports on building capacity, inventory control metrics, error reporting, and performance management control
· Maintaining and communicating of project road maps to key business partner
· You are an integral part of the Amazon Operations team to deliver measurable impact
· Escalate and articulate where the obstacles are in achieving objectives