The Amazon EU Transportation team is looking for a customer-focused, highly analytical, experienced Network Design Senior Manager.
As a member of the Luxembourg Transportation you will lead the long-term network design team of Amazon EU Transportation in Europe to develop a best in class network design strategy for end-to-end transportation network, designing and implementing an integrated network that maximizes service value proposition and minimizes costs.
You will be responsible for:
· Creating long and mid-term network topologies and capacity plans to exceed cost and service level objectives
· Working closely with your team of analysts and operations research scientists to drive analysis, business cases and alignment with business stakeholders
· Establishing and leading robust cross-functional processes to sync monthly execution to strategic planning
· Developing OR models and state-of-the-art planning solutions leveraging own OR scientists, Corporate OR functions and external parties
Needed Skills and Abilities:
• Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
• Leader: Significant experience leading teams and track record of consistently delivering valuable projects
• Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end solutions, working through the many obstacles along the way
• Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technical/OR teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
• Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
• Big Picture Thinker: Strong abstract reasoning skills to understand and develop multi-dimensional solutions, understanding macro and micro behavior of key levers on business performance.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on customer experience and business performance
- an aversion for status-quo/latency and to constantly thrive for improvement
- a pragmatic approach to business needs, striking the right balance between high quality R&D objectives and fast-paced solutions deployment to drive results
- strong ability to lead improvement and technical projects
- strong sense of ownership and the ability to move derive vision and project scoping in a very fluid environment
If you are interested in working in a high visibility role in which you will leverage your technical skills as well as being able to influence the strategic direction of one of the leading Supply Chain and Transportation networks in the world, this is the job for you.
The position is based in Amazon’s EU Headquarters in the vibrant city of Luxembourg. The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living. http://www.promoteluxembourg.com