Amazon’s UK Operations network continues to rapidly grow and now consists of 13 fulfilment centres, a customer service centre and a number of delivery stations situated all over the UK. In total, more than 14,000 permanent employees are employed within the Operations network and many thousands more join Amazon on a seasonal basis during periods of high demand. As the company continues to grow and provide new services for customers and sellers, Amazon’s Operations network will continue to expand.
Amazon.co.uk Ltd is seeking an intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative individual for the role of Communications Specialist
, who will primarily be responsible for helping execute the Amazon Fulfilment Centre tour programme in Dunstable. We are looking for an individual with experience of engaging with members of the public and communications.
The position will be based in Dunstable but you should also expect to visit other fulfilment centres around the UK on a regular basis, including to act as cover for FC tours at other UK FCs. You will need to continually seek improvement to the programme and provide data to demonstrate its successes and challenges.
Able to work at internet-speed, the role will also to support the wider PR function, including internal communications, media relations and community activities. You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to Dive Deep to gather information, assess risk and write clear, accurate copy. Key Responsibilities Deliver the Amazon Fulfilment Centre tour programme in the UK
- Deliver FC tours, engaging with a wide range of individuals, from members of the public to business and political stakeholders -
Provide key metrics to measure success and report back on these to the business regularly
- Develop communication materials to support the tour programme
- Educate and manage internal stakeholders to act in key supporting roles for the programme
- Support media tour activity in all UK sites Support Amazon’s community programme across its operational sites
- Support on-site Community Champions to develop relationships with key community groups and stakeholders close to fulfilment centres ensuring Amazon delivers a sustained programme of community support throughout the year
- Support media relations relating to community donations
- Deliver a number of UK-wide activities throughout the year Support the successful internal communications and media relations for Amazon’s UK fulfilment centre network
- Provide on the ground support to ensure internal communications are implemented consistently across all UK fulfilment centres and act as a go to resource for site management by creating and disseminating site-specific communications
- Manage core messages by site, auditing and revising them often, for both internal and external consumption -
Support the wider PR programme by gathering information to support key activities, writing clear and accurate copy for internal and external communications