We Pioneer. Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
As the leader of university recruiting, you will lead the strategy and execution for hiring top university talent for technical and non-technical opportunities across EMEA. You will foster strategic relationships with faculty and career centers, and work to sustain Amazon’s existing position as an employer of choice for MBAs and grads. Your team will effectively manage hiring across the recruiting lifecycle of demand management, attraction, recruitment, placement and onboarding. As part of the global university team, you will work closely with other regional/country teams, in parallel partnering with the local professional recruiting teams to execute the overall EMEA talent acquisition strategies. Successful candidates must be able to plan and prioritize against customer targets, and use metrics to show results. You must be able to influence for change, thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, and roll up your sleeves to get the job done. Candidates will draw from their knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers, HR business partners and university leaders.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage relationships and develop Amazon’s employer brand at target schools.
- Deliver innovative campus events, presentations and provide a great candidate experience at interview and assessment events.
- Partner with internal business groups and HR leaders to create programs to develop and retain campus hires.
- Develop and communicate metrics to senior stakeholders regarding the progress of MBA/Campus recruiting and performance of hires.
- Work with in-country recruiting teams to establish local business needs across all campus hiring and build the plan to execute against this.
- Create a regional EMEA graduate recruiting structure to support graduate hiring into Amazon. This will be delivered by dedicated graduate recruiters as well as via a matrix structure of in-country support.
- Manage and develop the team of recruiters that support the campus recruiting programs, balancing the team capacity with local business.
- Use internal and external data to identify target schools and determine appropriate level of engagement.
- Collaborate with executive sponsors and school captains to develop and drive campus recruiting strategies at targeted universities and business schools.
- Select, prepare and coach school team members for recruitment events and on-boarding activities.
- Help to build a forward-thinking and competitive approach to compensation.
- Drive the regional campus recruiting strategy and collaborate with the global university program team to ensure that we are creating a consistent candidate experience and driving efficiency across the organization.