Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
At Amazon Video, we're fundamentally changing the way millions of customers access, consume and interact with video content worldwide. Inventing on behalf of our customers is in our DNA: Prime Video, X-Ray, Amazon Studio Originals (The Grand Tour, The Man in the High Castle, Transparent, Shaun the Sheep) and add-on subscriptions (Showtime, Starz, Comedy Central) are just a few of the features and capabilities that delight our customers. It's a green-field space overdue for disruption and we'd like you to join us in our mission to enable everyone to search, discover, consume and interact with video content anytime, anywhere and on any device.
We are seeking strong software development engineers with distributed services and web service experience to build the services that power all of Amazon Video devices and web globally. As an Amazon software engineer you will design, develop, test, and run operations for core platform services. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing services for consumer-facing products, a strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and, of course, a passion for TV and film.
We care about your career growth, too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you’ll review it regularly to ensure you’re on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger problems, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast, and our people will grow with it.
Job Posted: 12th July 2017
Closing Date: 9th August 2017
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Highly proficient in at least one of Java, C++, C#, Objective-C.
- Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization.
- Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
- OS fundamentals and systems architecture.
- Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
- Linux/UNIX including command-line tools and scripting.
- Databases including SQL, noSQL, schema design and optimization.
- Big data, machine learning and other statistical analysis.
- Highly pragmatic; we use technology to solve real-world problems expediently.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.