Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth. Amazon Shipping
Amazon shipping offers Amazon’s logistic capabilities as a product and service. Amazon Shipping’s first customers are MFN Sellers in the UK, offering to ship their domestic volume using our delivery network. We launched in March 2016 and are now building a team to scale Amazon Shipping at pace.
Amazon Logistics is looking to hire an analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Collections Shift Manager that can drive innovation and execution in transportation networks. As a member of the UK Amazon Shipping team you will be responsible for optimising the transportation and delivery network to meet with the strategic network plan.
Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience?
This is a great opportunity to be part of a team and initiative that is at the very start of its journey. You will be part of the core team that will design, build and implement a Collections Network which will exceed our customer’s expectations. Role and responsibilities
· Liaise with sort/delivery centers and carriers to produce and manage achievable transport plans on a daily, weekly basis
· Identify opportunities to ensure the most efficient use of resources to meet required demand
· Manage the creation and execution of Fulfillment Centre’s schedules and operational work of the transport function to meet all service level criteria on a daily, weekly basis
· Manage the transport planners and administrators to ensure all daily tasks have been completed to the required standards
· Report on required daily, weekly, monthly KPI’s to include all planning and delivery related inefficiencies are captured
· Report on variances of plan to actual success rates
· Review forecast vs schedules to identify any areas of concern
· To pre-advise the management team of any potential failures in the transport operation
· Promote and develop an environment which is receptive and adaptable to business change
· Promote safe working practices, attain and sustain high standards of health, safety, hygiene and security within the working environment
· Provide cover for the planners/administrators where required
· Work with the operations team