Amazon is seeking a Category Sourcing Manager for the EMEA Global Corporate Procurement team. The role is based in London, UK. This key procurement role is responsible for sourcing and controllership of indirect spend categories locally, regionally and globally. Categories include but are not limited to; employee benefits, professional services, facilities, software, etc.; with a special focus on marketing services. Key leadership traits required include the ability to form strong partnerships with business leaders and their teams to define requirements, identify the best suppliers, and negotiate advantageous pricing, terms and performance for Amazon. This must be accomplished in accordance with Amazon’s Spending & Transaction policy. This is an individual contributor role that will also coordinate with peers in other regions across Amazon to create and leverage sourcing strategies, savings and contract consistency globally.
Primary duties of this role will include:
- Work with business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings and controllership improvements
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement principles and processes and maintain procurement ethics in accordance with Amazon’s global policies
- Work closely with the business teams to understand their purchasing needs and select the best suppliers to achieve long-term goals while focusing on total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Identify and manage sourcing and supplier engagement activities including strategic sourcing plans, RFPs, bid and proposal reviews, negotiations, contract awards, etc.
- Develop negotiation strategies to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and benchmarking analysis
- Prepare and hold business reviews with local stakeholders to review vendor performance, future opportunities and/or challenges
- Implement supply and supplier risk management actions and support resolution of supplier quality or performance issues
- Analyze industry and evolving trends to proactively identify supply base issues to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit Amazon