We are recruiting a Finance Manager to the Accounting organization to lead the Financial Controllership of the EU Digital businesses, most notably Amazon’s digital video and music offerings. The individual will serve as the primary point of contact for our Tax and Legal teams, and will support statutory financial reporting and associated audit activities. The role will also drive forward global accounting projects and cross-border digital product initiatives, and lead improvements to internal financial reporting. The individual will develop other team members and influence a broad array of stakeholders to achieve the positions goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Lead the external audit for European digital entities and preparation/review of financial statements;
· Serve as the digital business primary point-of-contact for internal stakeholders, including our tax, legal and finance teams;
· Lead initiatives for our video and music offerings to eliminate manual processes and improve automated financial reporting;
· Serve as the functional expert for cross-border accounting considerations associated with new multi-territory business initiatives;
· Improve accounting processes and internal controls to ensure the highest level of controllership is achieved;
· Create consistent and in-depth analytical reporting on global video and music financial results;
· Perform quarterly impairment reviews and associated modelling of Intangible Assets;
· Research technical accounting issues and lead discussions to achieve global agreement on accounting positions;
· On an ad-hoc basis, provide support to other accounting team members for complicated or urgent initiatives;
· Coach, mentor and develop other accounting team members.