We are recruiting a Finance Senior Manager to the Accounting organization to lead the Financial Controllership of the EU Digital businesses. This person will be based in London and will be a key lead of the Digital Accounting team. He/she will be a team leader and an important and trusted business partner to the Digital Finance, Digital Operations, Transfer pricing, Inter-company, Tax and Legal teams.
The role has responsibility for the controllership and accounting functions related to the legal entities involved in the EU Digital Video and Digital Music operations. The accounting flows are operated in multiple legal entities with involvement of a number of stakeholders in different locations. This position will have a team of 2 with potential to grow in the future.
In addition to the accounting and reporting responsibilities, this person will support the launch of cross-border Digital Video and Digital Music products, and support the Accounting Projects Office in automating all accounting entries.
Responsibility for the Transactional Video, EU Channels and Amazon Video Direct product lines falls within this role, as well as ownership of the global project to resolve Technical Debt.
This person will own the EU Digital Accounting Intangible Asset impairment reviews and is the subject matter expert for worldwide Performance Rights Obligations accounting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Leading month end close activities for the EU Digital Accounting team, whilst ensuring that relevant deadlines are met and looking for ways to continuously improve this process;
· Review of monthly journals, Balance Sheet and Income Statement, balance sheet account reconciliations and inter-company calculations;
· Preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including coordinating and owning preparation of analytic commentary, monthly reporting packages and quarterly internal reporting for senior global Digital Accounting leadership;
· Direct responsibility for improving accounting processes and internal controls to ensure the highest level of controllership is achieved;
· Leading the external audit and preparation/review of financial statements and tax packs;
· Actively participating in multi-territory Digital project launches from scoping through to launch, ensuring all projects are launched with full accounting automation;
· Quarterly impairment reviews and associated modelling of Intangible Assets, leading cross-border discussions with tax, finance and accounting teams;
· Global Subject Matter ownership of the accounting for Performance Rights Obligations and related reporting;
· Responsibility for actively engaging with a variety of stakeholders throughout the international organization, including Tax, Transfer pricing and Legal as well as the various Digital Video and Music operations teams; and
· Researching technical accounting issues, leading discussions, achieving international agreement and resolution and documenting conclusions.