We are recruiting a Finance Manager to the Accounting organization to lead the Financial Controllership of the EU Digital businesses. This person will be based in London and will be a key business partner to the Digital Finance, Digital Operations, Transfer pricing, Inter-company, Tax and Legal teams.
The role has responsibility for the controllership and accounting functions related to the legal entities involved in the EU Digital Video and Digital Music operations, including owning EU Digital Accounting Intangible Asset Impairment reviews. The accounting flows are operated in multiple legal entities with involvement of a number of stakeholders in different locations.
In addition to the accounting and reporting responsibilities, this person will support the launch of cross-border Digital product launches and support the Accounting Projects Office in automating all accounting entries as well as ownership of the global project to resolve Technical Debt. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
. Leading the initiative to resolve manual processes globally for Digital Accounting;
· Supporting month end close activities for the EU Digital Accounting team, whilst ensuring that relevant deadlines are met and looking for ways to continuously improve this process;
· Preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including coordinating and owning preparation of analytic commentary, monthly reporting packages and quarterly internal reporting for senior global Digital Accounting leadership;
· Direct responsibility for improving accounting processes and internal controls to ensure the highest level of controllership is achieved;
· Leading the external audit and preparation/review of financial statements and tax packs;
· Actively participating in multi-territory Digital project launches from scoping through to launch, ensuring all projects are launched with full accounting automation;
· Quarterly impairment reviews and associated modelling of Intangible Assets, leading cross-border discussions with tax, finance and accounting teams;
· Responsibility for actively engaging with a variety of stakeholders throughout the international organization, including Tax, Transfer pricing and Legal as well as the various Digital Video and Music operations teams; and
· Researching technical accounting issues, leading discussions, achieving international agreement and resolution and documenting conclusions.