Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers, developers, publishers and sellers around the world. Amazon’s vision is to offer the earth’s largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
Finance Technology is critical to the success of Amazon’s rapid global expansion of its business. The core mission of the Finance Technology team is to enable the Finance Organization and our partners by building scalable and reliable technology solutions that facilitate Amazon’s growth. We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst in our London Finance Technology PMO. In addition to continuously driving and improving execution of Finance Technology's core mission, this role requires working closely with project and program managers, senior management, finance subject matter experts and key software development teams across the company.
This exciting role is one of high visibility and responsibility, at the heart of Amazon’s European finance group. The team give you the opportunity to really make a difference in a high growth environment, where your ability to help drive change and deliver results will be key.
We are a team of highly motivated finance project professionals with a passion for our customer, the burning desire to succeed and a key focus on innovation and leadership. We are seeking an experienced candidate to support new geographic launches, subsidiary integrations and work on complex cross functional projects. This is an exciting role, at the heart of Amazon’s European finance group. Responsibilities will include the following:-
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Amazon’s finance landscape, processes, people and the technology that is supporting the business and finance functions; become a Subject Matter Expert in your respective knowledge area
- Partner with business teams (retail, logistics, operations, finance operations, accounts payables and receivables, payroll and accounting), whilst interfacing and actively engaging with the business and technical delivery teams
- Define the business and related process requirements in order to deliver scalable solutions for now and in the future ensuring they meet our Customer needs. Produce process flow diagrams for as is and to be scenarios
- Work remotely with technical teams to clearly communicate requirements and influence system design
- Compile rigorous test plan including detailed test scripts – be hands on, running UAT testing
- Provide post implementation support and change management to include SOP’s and training
- Communicate concisely and with clarity to a variety of Senior stakeholders
- Ensure that the projects deliver business value and an outstanding customer experience
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously from initiation through delivery in areas of process and technical improvement