At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
The VAT Controllership team is a crucial part of Amazon’s EMEA Corporate VAT function. The team’s main responsibilities are to manage the quality control of the VAT process, identify risks and process improvement opportunities and support internal and external audits. The team is responsible for the VAT relevant SOX and other controls set up and monitoring, manages the VAT provisioning process (FAS5) and monitors the quality of data flowing into the VAT filing process. The team is involved in multiple simultaneous new cross-functional business project launches that have impact on the Tax function and require project management ability, understanding of financial systems, and technical accounting awareness.
Amazon now has the requirement for a full-time lead of the growing VAT Controllership team, who, through leading and working with the team, will further develop the function, ensure excellence throughout the VAT process and drive positive change across the organization
- Leading a team of currently 4 VAT Controllership professionals
- Working within the VAT Compliance and VAT Advisory teams on VAT Controllership and internal quality improvements:
- Working with multiple internal business partners including Tax Engine, AP, AR, Accounting and Transportation to manage quality control and identify internal risks and opportunities
- Audit support and data analysis as required
- Controllership-related VAT accounting support
- Actively participate in cross functional project launches from scoping through to testing and launch