Do you have senior level global technology media and entertainment consulting experience deploying technologies, platforms and solutions in the Media and Entertainment (M&E) Industry? Do you have extensive technology experience and skills to deliver AWS platforms, technologies and infrastructure solutions to Global M&E customers?
At AWS, we are hiring Senior M&E Consultants focused on cloud computing technology to help our partners develop, deploy and drive new platforms, solutions, and global digital content workflows, working directly with AWS Partners and Global M&E Clients.
The position requires a blend of skills including strong business acumen, M&E/IT technology understanding, strategy, and creative M&E industry requirements surrounding TV/Film/Animation/OTT, production, postproduction and global workflows.
AWS Senior Consultants deliver cloud infrastructure architecture guidance, support POC’s (Proof-of-Concepts), perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review industry best practices and conduct technology leadership workshops.
AWS Senior Consultants collaborate directly with global M&E customers and partners addressing workflow performance, cloud workloads, security, compliance, scale, availability and manageability.
AWS Senior Consultants provide leadership to customers migrating existing platforms, solutions and systems using the full range of AWS cloud services. They also manage engagements and assist with non-technical change management work on policies, procedures, operations and people.
At AWS, we are looking for experienced senior level M&E technology consultants with deep technical expertise in their specialty area with an ability to travel internationally as required to support key M&E customers. They will have strong relevant M&E industry and technical experience combined with exceptional people skills.
AWS Senior Consultants will acquire new technology skills and serve as trusted advisors for internal and external customers including global M&E customer architects and IT leaders.
AWS Senior Consultants will also collaborate with multiple AWS engineering teams introducing and refining new platforms, solutions and web based services for M&E conglomerates, major studios, music labels, OTT streaming services, new media companies, live events companies, location based entertainment, production and postproduction companies.
The team will collect, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings to AWS Partners to accelerate their transition to cloud based AWS services. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Customer Engagements
- Collaborate with AWS sales leaders and internal engineering teams driving design and platform adoption for major M&E customers on the AWS platform.
· Industry Leadership
- Lead AWS architecture discussions, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security, and integration of AWS services supporting global M&E customer requirements.
· Support Sales Teams
- Support short cycle on-site client projects proving the value of AWS products, services and support moving to new distributed cloud environments.
· Technology Leadership
- Collaborate with AWS field sales teams, pre-sales teams, training and support teams to help global M&E partners and customers successfully engage and use AWS services. Services include Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AI Services (LEX), AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
· Develop Partnerships
– Develop M&E industry solution roadmaps for clients, partners and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large M&E industry clients.
· Industry Expertise Transfer
–Work with global AWS professional services leadership to grow the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) Practice. Work with ProServe leadership to stay-ahead of the leading-edge platform services and be able to deploy quickly. Support best practices efforts for all AWS and Partners.
· Customer Advocacy
- Work with AWS engineering groups, technology and professional ProServe teams conveying deep technical requirements from major M&E clients and partners, driving key inputs into short-term and long-term AWS technology roadmaps.
· Deliver Value
- Lead and manage delivery of a key M&E ProServe technical engagements with clients and partners in the feature film, feature animation, broadcast, OTT streaming, production, postproduction, music, live events, location based entertainment, and visual effects (VFX) industries, etc.
· Industry Shows and Organizations
– Support key industry trade shows, session panels, keynotes, industry groups, technology organizations and technology standards board’s directly conveying AWS corporate messaging and driving new industry wide engagements as necessary. ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer Requirements- Understand customer requirements and scope of the project and create SOW for relevant work
- Customer Facing- Be a part of the customer facing development team and offer value in building/helping build POCs/systems with hands-on scripting/code
- M&E Partners- Work with relevant M&E partners/vendors to help lift-and-shift or re-engineer the existing solutions for AWS as appropriate based on customer’s project requirements
- Technical, Architecture & Code Support- Contribute code/development artifacts to the internal AWS M&E community as appropriate.
- Hands-on Development experience in at least one of the M&E segments and the ability to architect a solution that crosses segment boundaries i.e., glass to glass for customers
- 7+ years of experience as a consultant in the field
- Some hands-on scripting, working knowledge of high-level languages such as python, java, nodejs and integration experience on AWS.
- Knowledge of common media frameworks, pipelines, and M&E industry software solutions in at least one of the M&E segments:
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of traditional, broadcast, IPTV, mobile carrier and telco infrastructure and network architecture as it relates to media processing at Enterprise-level scale
- Deep experience with on-demand and live streaming media codecs, protocols, transports and content delivery architectures
- Experience with encryption, Content Protection and Digital Rights Management solutions
- Ability to understand complex broadcast and IP delivery workflows, and bridge the gap between technical and business requirements.
- Solid understanding and experience building one of Content production pipelines such as digital dailies, VFX/Rendering, collaboration/approval workflows, production archives.
- 5+ years of experience in end-to-end media solutions incorporating (depending on segment) media acquisition, rendering / VFX, non-linear editing, OTT streaming, digital supply chain management, distribution / content delivery, media processing / transcoding, media analytics and related technologies.
- Experience with traditional backend architecture patterns as related to scalable compute, replication, high availability, archiving, backup & restore, and disaster recovery/business continuity practices.
- Proven experience implementing and architecting solutions incorporating 3rd party products across multiple media & entertainment segments
- Understanding of AWS Services such as AWS Elemental, Elastic Transcoder, CloudFront, EC2, S3, Glacier is a plus.
· Outstanding M&E industry customer C-level relationships, management experience and collaboration skills.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about M&E solutions, global workflows, cloud workloads, business strategy, products and emerging technology trends.
· Deep expertise delivering M&E technology solutions to major M&E conglomerates through solution scoping, selling and delivery of consulting services, enabling emerging technologies and cloud based services.
· Define, create, manage and deliver processes for cloud migration, implementation and operations.
· Deep understanding of cloud computing, change management, challenges and solutions.
· Enterprise architecture experience including virtualization technologies & distributed architectures.
· International sales and delivery experience w/ global M&E conglomerates, major studios, OTT streaming, music labels, new media companies, Fortune 500, live events, location based entertainment, and partners.
· Strategic and technical skills with over (15) years of relevant M&E technology, global workflow and IT experience.
· BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Thought leadership experience on relevant topics related to M&E cloud-based enterprises, solutions, platforms, workflows, production, postproduction, storage, DAM, MAM, innovation and IT infrastructure.
· M&E Vertical industry sales and delivery experience using industry standard technologies as well as leading-edge technology services and solutions.
· Experience with the design of modern, scalable delivery solutions for technology consulting services.
· Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Key AWS M&E Industry Cloud Ecosystem Partners.
Advanced degrees in engineering and/or computer science