Do you have IT consulting experience deploying in technology and IT transformations within the Oil and Gas/Energy industries (O&G/Energy)? Do you have deep and broad technical skills and experience to deliver AWS technologies and infrastructure solutions to our O&G/Energy customers?
At AWS, we are hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, and to work with our partners on key customer engagements around the world. Our AWS consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operation best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops.
AWS consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services. They also assist with the non-technical change management work on policies, processes and people changes.
We are looking for an experienced IT consultant with deep technical expertise in their specialty area and ability to travel internationally as needed to support our customers. They will have a strong combination of relevant industry and technical experience plus exceptional people skills. They will be fast learners and serve as trusted advisors for our customer’s architects and IT leaders. They will collaborate with multiple AWS engineering teams to introduce and refine new platform web services for the largest enterprises. The team will harvest, package and publish HCLS best practices and repeatable offerings to AWS partners to accelerate their transition to a cloud based IT model using AWS.
· Engage customers - collaborate with sales leaders and engineering teams to drive design wins and platform adoption for O&G/Energy customers on the AWS platform. Provide leadership on various IT disciplines such as AWS architectures, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security, and the integration of AWS services to support customer global requirements.
· Assist in sales of infrastructure engagements - including short on-site projects proving the value of AWS services to support new distributed computing models.
· Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
· Develop partnerships – proactively develop industry solution maps for the O&G/Energy specialty and engage the leading solution and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large enterprises.
· Learn and teach –Work with the global AWS professional services leadership team to enable the AWS practices delivering to O&G/Energy customers. Work with them to learn the newest platform services quickly. Support them in harvesting and publishing best practices to broader field and partner teams. Also, guide them to engage individual project teams and teach the implementation processes and skills related to their technical specialty.
· Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering service teams to convey deep technical requirements from partners and customers as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
· Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of deeply technical engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors, enabling breakthrough business outcomes for customers.