Amazon.co.co.uk is looking for an enthusiastic, creative Content and Merchandising Manager to help build and grow our AmazonApparel and Shoes businesses. The Content and Merchandising Manager will play a leading role in developing the category’s creative direction, style guidelines, and overall merchandising calendar and strategy, meeting the needs of the business while protecting the integrity of the customer experience. They will propose, plan and execute new features, stores, and products with minimal oversight, partnering with business and technical teams to achieve project goals. This person will drive strategy and ambitions on behalf of the category team, will set goals that all functions may be involved in achieving and will liaise with tech teams and global category teams to execute. The Site Merchandising Manager will be responsible for representing their category in large cross-functional or cross-category projects that serve major parts of the business.
Seen by the team and vendors as an expert in their product line and its customer base, the Site Merchandising Manager will actively stay on top of new products, brands, trends and markets and propose strategies for optimizing them from a content and promotional standpoint. The Site Merchandising Manager is viewed as a standard-bearer for high-quality, high-impact content and as someone who creatively and proactively finds win-win solutions that benefit the category as well as the overall business. Key responsibilities include:
- Commercially driving the Apparel & Shoes business for Amazon.co.uk, focusing on revenue, traffic and customer experience
- Devising and implementing strategic plans for merchandising and customer experience
- Broadly managing the quality of our catalogue and the resulting customer experience; managing related projects such as improving product data quality, attribute and image collection, browse cleanups, photo studio usage, etc.
- Coordinating and managing resources to provide thorough and authoritative detail page content
- In addition to executing on promotions and features, helping to shape them by brainstorming new ideas and working with the team to optimize the merchandising strategy
- Management of data analysis and metrics to measure the performance of sales- and traffic-driving initiatives
- Search engine optimisation
- Operating as an effective point of contact for Merchandising Managers, Vendor Managers, In Stock Managers, Legal, and PR. Interacting with vendors and other external partners, and working with internal technical teams to drive tool fixes and improvements
- Regularly testing new merchandising tactics, documenting the results and sharing best practices with the team
- Planning, development and execution of compelling e-mail campaigns
- Working closely with other internal teams to create site-wide promotional campaigns
- Developing the site merchandising team both as individuals and as a work group