Amazon Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, with over 170,000 titles available on-demand to Kindle Fire, mobile devices, game consoles, Internet-connected PCs, Macs, TVs, Blu-ray players and set-top-boxes.
As Principal Product Manager for the Video team you will help define and build the roadmap and customer experience for video across all platforms and geographies. You will participate in developing the video strategy and vision, and develop product roadmaps to execute on that vision. This role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, content acquisition, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience. We are looking for someone who is highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and has the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will also have a consistent track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- In this role you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Amazon Video customer, both existing and potential.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience.
- Own the development of detailed product requirements documents.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
- Drive projects, products, and feature launches with other teams both inside and outside of the Amazon Instant Video team including: business development, content acquisition, legal, marketing, finance, customer service, and operations.