Solutions Architect (Retail Practice) - Amazon Web Services (UK) Job Description
At Amazon, we are continuously striving to be the most customer-centric company in the world. AWS have been helping over one million customers in over 190 countries, from Airbnb to GE, to deliver flexibility, scalability and reliability across their organizations. Behind this success are exceptionally talented, bright and driven individuals who work hard, have fun and make history. As a Solution Architect within the UK Retail Practice, part of the Business Development organization of Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon CloudFront, Lambda, API Gateway) within strategic customer accounts in the UK retail sector.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and help developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer’s environment and havedrive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. Working knowledge of the retail sector is an advantage. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
- Support customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Support the engagement process, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the Retail Practice and the wider solution architect community.
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.