Amazon is seeking an business oriented Engineering Project Manager for the Program Management Office to support the capacity, capital planning and project execution for the continued expansion of our EU fulfillment network. Successful candidates will have strong level of ownership and be highly motivated individuals who have Engineering Project/Program Management experience. The role will understand the details of an Amazon Fulfillment Center design, implementation, modeling, estimating and managing new Fulfillment Center start-up’s. This individual will support or one or more capital projects. The Engineering Project Manager will have high work capacity while being detailed oriented and agile to manage business changes and keep driving the initiatives. This individual needs to be a strong collaborator with different functional teams and people working across multiple locations.
Work with internal Amazon teams and external partners to deliver CAPEX projects and innovations to win business:
- Be a governance facilitator that maintains structure, procedures and standard ways of working that follow a common language for project and program delivery.
- Develop and implement unified platform tools, information systems and leverage analytics and data visualization to support reporting and decision making process.
- Develop, evaluate and simplify current working procedures and improve organization team structure.
- Create, submit and track the relevant Capex documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and best overall value.
- Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
- Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
- Assist in engineering capacity management for EU.
- Ability to understand Operational processes.